Our Human Resources Department assists local Honorary Officers and staff managers in all areas of recruitment. They also provide guidance to Lay Leaders, managers and staff to help them better support employees in performing their jobs and in order to reduce actual or potential problems. Each Synagogue has a dedicated Human Resource Business Partner.
The Human Resources Department work with local Honorary Officers and staff managers in all areas of recruitment.
- When replying to an advertised job in the United Synagogue, whether in Head Office or in one of the Synagogues, applicants should go to the website Vacancy page and download the Application Forms 1 & 2 and Job Description. The application forms should be saved as word documents and be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advertising is placed centrally, though short-listing, interviewing and recommending candidates for employment is undertaken by each Synagogue or US department. Central advice and guidance is always available from our Human Resources team and they generally have a behind the scenes role.
- Where appropriate, the interview process will include tasks or tests as well as structured questioning.
- Once the interview process is over, candidates are told that they are either successful or not. Successful candidates proposed for employment with the United Synagogue will be sent an offer of employment only once proof of legal entitlement to work in the UK has been established. Official offers of employment are only made by the Human Resources department. A letter and full terms and conditions will be sent out signed by the Human Resources Department.
- All offers of employment are subject to proof of legal entitlement to work in the UK, references satisfactory to the US and copies of relevant certificates. For jobs dealing with children or vulnerable adults, it is also necessary to undertake, an appropriate Disclosure and Baring Service Form formerly known as CRB check.
For more information please contact the HR team on Tel: 020 8343 6232/6240/6227