There are many destinations where a chuppah can be arranged but how to go about this will differ from place to place. In terms of the paperwork required, the process is similar to that for Israel. However, one should be careful to ensure the orthodox credentials of the Rabbi performing the marriage and the availability of kosher catering.
To obtain a Marriage Abroad Certificate please send the following documents listed below to the London Beth Din (305 Ballards Lane, North Finchley, London, N12 8GB)
● A covering letter stating where and when you are getting married with your Hebrew name (if known) and contact details and whether you wish the certificate to be posted or be available for collection.
● A photocopy of your Parents' Ketubah (Jewish Marriage Certificate)
● A photocopy of your full birth certificate showing both parents names.
● Either a letter from an Orthodox Rabbi confirming that he knows you personally and that you are Jewish and single or two Jewish witnesses, non relations, who have known you for at least 5 years that would be willing to attend an appointment at the London Beth Din to testify that you are single.
● Three passport photographs.
● Cheque in the sum of £60 per person for US Members or £100 per person for non-US Members, made payable to: USKB
Note: In such cases it will usually be necessary to arrange for a separate civil marriage in a local register office here so that the marriage will be recognised by the UK authorities.